Programme Officer - Health (based in Rukum)
2016-07-26 2217 views Negotiable
Familiarize with key project stakeholders and establish cooperation and linkage with them for successful implementation of various health projects in the district;
- Develop the capacity of implementing partner(s) and their staffs in reproductive health including family planning and ASRH, WASH, child nutrition and other community health issues as required;
- Management of all health projects including mental health from the cluster and ensuring that the project is implemented according to the approved CFP and producing stated results as mentioned in the project proposal;
- Develop a good understanding of district health care delivery system and working model particularly on family planning and reproductive health, ASRH, WASH and the core components of community health including basic mental health;
- Assess and analyse the health situation (especially in target areas of partners) in the district. Be creative in bringing changes in health status and health service utilization focusing to PPLPs together with partners.
- Support partners in planning, implementation and evaluation of their plans and provide close follow-up and monitoring of their programmes and plans and promote timely progress reporting of the projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or Community Nursing, or Proficiency Certificate in Health sciences with Master’s Degree in any Social Sciences, or its equivalent;
- 2-3 years post qualification work in community health preferably with experience of partnership management of the local NGO partner;
- Experience of participatory planning tools & techniques, group mobilisation, and facilitation of health related trainings at district level and in rural settings;
- Good computer skills including MS-Office Package. Knowledge of database application would be an advantage;
- Excellent language and communication skills in both Nepali and English;
- Willingness to live and work in a challenging environment and to model UMN values.
|Education :||Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or Community Nursing, or Proficiency Certificate in Health sciences with Master’s Degree in any Social Sciences, or its equivalent;|
|Total Positions:||1 Position|
|Career Level:||Senior Level|
|Minimum Experience:||2-3 years post qualification work in community health preferably with experience of partnership management of the local NGO partner|
Salaries and benefits will be according to the UMN Standard.
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualification are encouraged to apply for the position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com by 4:00 pm on Wednesday 10 August 2016.
Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process. We especially encourage applications from women and members of marginalised groups
- Industry: NGO/INGO/Social/Develop.Projects
- Ownership: Private Limited
- Address: Rukum