UNICEF mainly focuses in the 15 lowest performing districts of Nepal but our impact is nationwide especially with our advocacy work with the Government of Nepal in developing legislations, plans, budgets, coordination and monitoring mechanisms that enable the survival, ...
UNICEF mainly focuses in the 15 lowest performing districts of Nepal but our impact is nationwide especially with our advocacy work with the Government of Nepal in developing legislations, plans, budgets, coordination and monitoring mechanisms that enable the survival, development, protection and participation of children, adolescents and women.
Position: Fundraising Specialist (Premium Job)
- Job Category NGO / INGO / Social work
- Job Location Kathmandu District
- Expiry date 2022-09-25
- Skills Computer skills, Management
Support National Committees with the development of a strategy for engaging diaspora communities, high net worth individuals, faith-based and membership-based organizations, and foundations as potential donors
- Execute research and gather information on potential markets and communities
- Facilitate connections, prep for meetings, and follow-up with potential donors
- Design a strategic pilot fundraising effort focused on mass engagement of diaspora communities and/or engaging high-net worth donors individually
Execute a pilot effort to raise funds from diaspora communities in support of the current crises in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Pakistan.
- Support development of all assets required for mass and/or individual engagement
- Serve as a liaison between Country Offices and fundraising offices – understanding what fundraisers need, collecting the required data from Country Offices, and creating user-friendly assets that communicate the required information in a way that effectively engages donors
- Support initial outreach, meeting prep, and follow-up
Support the immediate needs for fundraising in the first 72 hours after a sudden onset crisis
- liaise with fundraisers (e.g., National Committees) to understand what fundraisers need to effectively engage different donor groups
- collect the required data from Country Offices in a timely manner, and
- creating user-friendly assets that communicate the required information in a way that effectively engages donors
- Support direct outreach to donors as requested (e.g., drafting emails, taking calls, preparing personalized proposals)
- Create a comms, advocacy, fundraising plan to engage potential donors from 72 hours to 6 months after the sudden onset crisis.
EDUCATION & OTHER SKILLS:
- An advanced university degree in the field of development, business, social sciences, communications, marketing or a related field is an asset.
- A university degree with additional two years of experience many be considered in lieu of a Masters degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Prior experience within UNICEF is an advantage.
- Knowledge of diaspora communities, creating narratives, and/or targeted audience marketing is preferred.
- The job will require quick action without advanced notice, as well as, planned activities. As such it required candidates willing and available to work flexible hours.
Fluency in English. Excellent writing skills are required.
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust and Accountability (CRITA) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.