Senior Technical Advisor
2018-01-11 1167 views Negotiable(As per potential candidates)
- Serve as technical lead on implementation of activities to strengthen and improve management and quality of services, which includes coordinating for high level coordination and representation of the with key stakeholders, donor and other partners
- Serve as the Team Leader for developing and implementing the project activities as per timeline, donor and the management agent requirements
- Serve as contact person for FHI 360 Nepal management, AMRCSC, the Fund Management and other government and non-governmental stakeholders
- Program design during inception phase, working closely with the AMRCSC, NPHL, CVL, Department of Health Service and Department of Animal Health
- Oversight and accountability of the program activities, budget, and finances and administration
- Lead development of periodic work plans, monitoring plans and progress report for timely submission to and approval
- Provide technical assistance to make functional AMRCSC, and to establish and make functional One Health and AMR/AMU TWG. Provide support to conduct and participate in AMRCSC and AMR/AMU TWG meeting and share finding and recommendations from the surveillance.
- Lead the process to prepare and submit AMR/AMU-related data and report as per the national, regional and global standard and requirements
- Provide technical assistance to provide evidence-based recommendations for further AMR/AMU surveillance and for AMU-related policies, strategies and plan
- Lead, manage and coordinate for planning, implementing, monitoring activities for strengthening AMR/AMU surveillance in humans and animals
- Lead, manage and supervise the project team: Senior Technical Specialist-Human Health, Senior Technical-Animal Health and Senior Specialist-Surveillance and M&E
The suitable expert will be a senior public health professional with at least 10- 15 years’ experience in one or a combination of the following areas: laboratory diagnosis of AMR, AMR/AMU surveillance management of microbiology laboratory, external quality assurance of data, disease surveillance within low and middle-income countries, health system strengthening in low and middle-income countries or public health. Experience working in a senior position of a major international development project is desirable. Experience working with government particularly Ministry of Health and international non-governmental organizations, or bi- and multi-lateral agencies or UN agencies is a clear advantage. In addition, the following knowledge and skills are required:
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with government, and national and international non-government stakeholders, and UN agencies.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in an IT environment.
- Strong coordination, communication, and interpersonal aptitudes
- Fluency in English and Nepali
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance
|Education :||Public health|
|Career Level:||Senior Level|
|Minimum Experience:||At least 10- 15 years’ experience in one or a combination of the following areas: laboratory diagnosis of AMR, AMR/AMU surveillance management of microbiology laboratory|
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please visit FHI 360's Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions. Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume to APROProposal@fhi360.org
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- Industry: NGO/INGO/Social/Develop.Projects
- Ownership: Private Limited
- Address: Kathmandu