2017-01-11 3285 views Negotiable
- To oversee the daily operation of all kitchens and food outlets, safe food handling of kitchen personnel in conjunction with the Sanitation Officer and maintenance of all kitchen equipment.
- To ensure a smooth and efficient service during meal hours through constant communication with the Food and Beverage Manager.
- To ensure that all products are consistently prepared according to the highest possible standards.
- To Train, coach, council, support and delegate all of the kitchen department staff.
- To guide the kitchen staff and to ensure that the entire kitchen department is updated with relevant shipboard information at all times.
- To oversee the entire food operation in all restaurants as well as the operation within the hotel's kitchens and in preparation rooms.
- To review and approve menus for the staffs kitchen, ensuring they meet the quality, quantity, nutritional value and cultural needs of the staffs.
- To review job applications and to interview and recommend suitable applicants accordingly in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager.
- To monitor and develop the work schedules, section plans and to conduct performance appraisals for direct reports and to assist the team in developing performance appraisals for their subordinates.
- To submit an updated vacation schedule of the entire kitchen department to the Food and Beverage Manager on a regular basis.
- To prepare and submit staffs number change requests for the entire kitchen department when internal staffs changes are made.
- To ensure that all food handlers in the kitchen department, comply with the latest Health and Sanitation regulations at all times , and overseeing the entire cleaning procedures of all food handlers in the kitchen.
- To execute all aspects of planning and organizing of upcoming events and functions for the Kitchen Department.
- To know the requirements of the menus and to forecast orders according to operational needs through the hotel stores.
- To establish orders for fresh produce, fish and meats in conjunction with the Provision Master.
- To follow up on culinary trends in order to create and plan new menus in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager.
- To be visible and approachable to our guests and make rounds and visit guest tables throughout the restaurants.
- To ensure that any maintenance issues in the kitchen areas are reported in a timely manner and that the work orders are followed up on accordingly.
- To ensure that all kitchen department work registration forms are completed correctly and handed in to the Food and Beverage Manager in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all of the kitchen department overtime is submitted to the Food and Beverage Manager in a timely manner.
- To adhere to, and to ensure that the kitchen department staff adheres to all company policies and procedures, manuals and directives.
- To control the food cost as well as the overall kithen operational costs, maintaining given standards and product quality.
- To monitor and control the use of consumables in the entire kitchen department.
- To monitor and control wage and overtime for the kitchen department staff according to budget.
- To monitor and control vacation schedules and subsequently travel costs for all kitchen department staff.
- To monitor and control all kitchen expenditures to ensure that it stays within the limits of the consumables and M&R (Maintenance & Repair) budget.
- To ensure that the proper use of personal protective equipment in the kitchen work areas is implemented at all times.
- To ensure that safe lifting techniques are practiced at all times in the kitchen department.
- Must have experience in a five star hotels.
- Must have a very strong, balanced background in the culinary field and a sound knowledge of culinary arts and fine dining is essential.
- Understands all aspects of the kitchen including bakery, pastry, butchery and fish preparation area, hot and cold kitchen, as well as the managerial aspects of these operations.
- Must have a good understanding of balanced tastes, and should know how to create a Menu with a variety of high quality foods for a five star operation.
- Highly motivated with a strong drive and high level of energy and flexibility.
- Fluent in written and spoken English , and Indian. Knowledge of any other language is a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must have very good administrative skills (proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel).
- Must have excellent organizational skills and show attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills and the ability to interact with all levels of people.
- Must be able to communicate and implement corrective action steps in an effective, yet diplomatic fashion.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Needs to have an outgoing personality and has to possess a positive attitude, maintaining a friendly and approachable demeanor while remaining firm at all times.
|Education :||Culinary Institute Diploma/Chef Certification or other relevant apprenticeship required.|
|Job Location:||Kotihawa, Rupandehi|
|Career Level:||Senior Level|
|Minimum Experience:||Minimum of ten (10) years of International experience as Executive Chef required, and specializing in Indian cuisine.|
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send your updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com Only shortlisted candidated will be called for the further selection process(es).
- Industry: Food/Beverages
- Ownership: Private Limited
- Address: Kotihawa, Rupandehi