CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. CARE places special focus on working alongside ...
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. CARE places special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE’s community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of disease, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and help people rebuild their lives.
Position: Operations and Logistics Officer (Premium Job)
- Job Category NGO / INGO / Social work
- Job Location Surkhet
- Job Level Entry Level
- Expiry date 2022-10-07
- Skills Administrative, Communication skills, Supply Chain Management
Operations and Logistics Officer is responsible for day-to-day logistical arrangement of Surkhet office and support for human resource (HR) management. S/he is responsible for the distribution and monitoring of CARE Nepal’s ARH related supplies and equipment, support the timely dispatch of materials, assist in all other logistic functions, internal controls and resource management. In addition to the same, incumbent will also be responsible for other program support functions.
R1. Management and Implementation
- Identify requirements and establish and maintain all logistical infrastructures for administration and operations.
- Identify and analyze procurement and transport requirements including those of collaborating agencies and host counterparts as appropriate. Take responsibility for fleet management including develop vehicle plans for fuel and maintenance requirements and costing.
- Take responsibility for movement of all goods and equipment including coordinate with Procurement staff in the CO to ensure efficient and timely delivery of relief commodities.
- Warehouse management – visits warehouse to monitor supplies and systems International in Nepal JOB DESCRIPTION
- Fleet Management – Coordinate the transport fleet for regular duties. Coordinate with Logistics/Procurement Team and Suppliers for shipment, forwarding and receipt of items.
- Support procurement – Provide support for procurement. Assist in the logistics & supply component of EQ program through maintaining the logistics system for inventory control, warehousing, transportation and distribution of supplies and equipment to project sites.
- Work with the Distribution and Procurement personnel in the preparation of supply status reports, required for donor reports, budget reviews and program analysis.
- Office close out – Assist the EQ R&R Manager for office set up and close out in the field.
R2. Safety and Security
- Work closely with the Safety and Security Specialist to ensure security of logistics infrastructure including selection, training and management of security staff and delegation of responsibilities for locking and material releases.
R3. Coordination and Liaison
- Liaise with partners involved in project implementation and ensure timely update and sharing of vital information.
- Maintain open communication with the contractors and all other parties involved in the handling of commodities at all times.
- Maintain communication with partners and personnel on the ground to ensure timely receipt of the commodity requests, tracking of its dispatch, receipt and distribution.
- Maintain regular contacts with other organizations conducting similar programs.
- Liaise with project staff especially with EQ R&R Manager and M&E Officer to ensure everybody is up to date on all movements of commodities.
- Represent CARE-ARH project in logistics coordination meeting and ensure coordination with partners, local authorities, UN/INGOs.
- Ensure CARE participation and involvement in Logistics cluster activities and coordination when there is a cluster activation.
R4. Internal Controls and Resource Management
- Work with EQ R&R Manager and establish a logistics control system and produce necessary forms for partners (if necessary).
- Incorporate donor regulations in CARE standard operating procedures and control systems to ensure thoroughness in the implementation of the project.
- In compliance with CARE and Donor practices, establish measures to ensure safe handling of commodities while in custody of intermediaries.
- Ensure that damaged commodities are properly documented.
- Ensure that commodities unfit for human consumption are properly disposed of as per the guidelines and that proper documentation is prepared for each entity reporting such damage.
- Conduct periodical review of each commodity handling and storage points to ensure proper records maintenance in accordance with CARE/Donor requirements and make appropriate recommendations. International in Nepal JOB DESCRIPTION
- Ensure with the help of the Finance Officer that billing and invoices submitted by contractors and partners are genuine and conform to pre-agreed terms and conditions as per contractual obligations.
- Ensure the collection of empty containers and safety storage or selling of those.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly Commodity Status Reports in recommended formats and any other reports that are necessary.
- Should always be prepared for any audits, physical verifications by internal or external auditors.
R6. Human resource management and budget management
- Support overall Human Resource Management function in Surkhet office
- Develop accurate and detailed job descriptions of Surkhet office staffs which reflect specific job responsibilities.
- Assist in the recruitment of support staff.
- Participate in the supervision, training, development and capacity building of Surkhet office staffs, as required
- Facilitate performance assessments (APAA) of direct reports
- Keep them abreast on current situations and reorient them on new guideline whenever changes occur • Motivate, train, coach, supervise and mentor staff from time to time to boost their confidence
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures necessary and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact your or others’ health and safety
- Perform administrative and budget duties in relation to the research trail
R7. Upholding CARE’s Core values and ensuring its principles
- Link and demonstrate CARE Nepal’s core values, programming principles, strategic objects, gender equity and equality in programming and behavior.
- Comply and exercise organizational values and culture
- Help to promote rights and good governance
Secondary Responsibilities and Task
Primary responsibilities of other positions/ team members within the grants and sub grant monitoring unit will be secondary responsibility for this position. Supervisor/Department head will assign these secondary responsibilities as per the need and priority within the department.
Any other duties/responsibilities as per the need/priority of mission in consultation with supervisor.
Spending Authority: NA
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in any field with at least 3 years of relevant experience in Operations and Logistics management.
Skills and knowledge:
- Operational abilities of different software applications (especially MS word, MS Excel) and demonstrated analytical skills in interpreting the meaning of management data.
- Good command on all aspects of commodity management.
- Strong skills in resource management.
- Strong skills in networking and liaison with different stakeholders like vendors, different government departments etc.
- Good command in English and Nepali
- Analytical thinking – Able to analyze and draw conclusion on the budget and actual data of project.
- Initiative – Deals with situations and issues proactively and persistently.
- Team work and People Management – Able to work effectively with other people within a work group • Conflict resolution, liaison and negotiation skills
- Writing – Able to communicate ideas and information in writing to ensure that information and messages are understood and have the desired impact
- Communicating and sharing ideas and information – Able to present findings/recommendation and express opinions confidently.
- Planning and organizing – Able to define work goals and objectives; develop and execute work plans; and contribute to the achievement of work group objectives.
To apply for this job please visit carenepal.org.