• Jealousy: It is a result or fear of losing someone or something that one is attached to or possesses to another person. Jealousy is sometimes the reason for creating a complicated situation, but being jealous is very important in your life and career because being jealous is a short way of saying that you love someone or something that you don’t want to lose or let anyone stole it from you.
• Envy: It is said to be “the resentment caused by another person having something that one does not have, but desires for oneself.” We humans have different emotions which may activate with different situations. If you feel envy, you may feel the desire to have what someone else has......everybody has definitely felt those moments of resentment. Envy is a symptom of a lack of appreciation of our own uniqueness and Self Worth. Each one of us has something to give that no one else has.
There are some tricks, that would help you guide your emotions at the workplace :
• STOP comparing yourself to others: We set standards and goals for ourselves based on what others have achieved, so measuring up is inevitable. You should appreciate what you have achieved in your life so far and enhance your uniqueness. It's always better to be a first-rate version of yourself than a second-rate version of someone else.
• Empathize, don't criticize: When you feel those puff of envy or jealousy, try and put yourself in the shoes of the other person. Remember that just like nobody knows everything that you've been through to get where you are, the same is true for the rest of the world. As hard as it can be, sometimes it's better to just say, “Good for them,” and move on.
• Control your feelings: If you can't quite control your feelings of envy. You should Channel those feelings and do something positive with them. let your desire for whatever it is you want to inspire you to get it. Work hard, visualize yourself getting what you want and then feel satisfied.
• Keep your work life away from your personal life: Job Keeping your private life private can help you present a professional image while still enabling you to develop and maintain good working relationships with your colleagues. You should establish some sensible boundaries, exercising self-control, and separating your work and home worlds you can keep your private life private without being considered aloof at work.
• Be authentic: You can never be who you truly are if you constantly concern yourself with the actions of others. Instead of creating your own voice, you become stuck attempting to become someone or something you’re not. So just believe in yourself and be happy with what you have.
Kumarijob.com operates under the umbrella organization First Job Nepal Pvt. Ltd, a Kathmandu-based leading human resource consulting firm operating since 2014. First Job Nepal Pvt. Ltd. offers practical solutions in the field of HR, recruitment and placement services to multiple organization in diversified fields like financial institutions, corporate houses, trading houses, Schools, Colleges, I/NGOs etc. First Job Nepal Pvt. Ltd is differentiated by its valuable clients based on professionalism, expertise, versatile management team, precise networking, and reliability. Read More ....