Position: Communications Officer (Recent Job)
- Job Category NGO / INGO / Social work
- Job Location Kathmandu DistrictNepal
- Job Level Entry Level
- Salary Negotiable
- Education Level Masters
- Desired Candidate Both(Female, Male)
- Experience 4 years
- Expiry date 2022-11-28
- Skills Computer skills, Communication skills, Leadership, Interpersonal
- Lead implementation of programme’s communications and knowledge management strategies, guidelines, and action plans and activities internally and externally
- Work with the programme team to implement the communication plan and support work to build communication capacity of NCCSP2 staff,
- Produce and disseminate project information and knowledge products through print, broadcast, web and social media as required by the programmes (quarterly newsletters, radio broadcasts, yearly case studies, short videos)
- Oversee management of programme related social media accounts
- Manage communication content including updating NCCSP2 website under MoFE, knowledge management portal, newsletter, and brochures, adhering to agreed approval protocols
- Ensure compliance with FCDO guidance on communication with media and branding.
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities
- Establish partnerships with knowledge management networks e.g., NCCKMC-NAST
- Train cluster teams on effective communication approach/ strategy (e.g., gathering stories of change, taking photos)
- Gather and edit success stories, stories of change reflecting lessons learned across all the Programme components
- Develop/submit communication related inputs for programme reports, monthly and quarterly report, Annual Review report
- Support to develop IEC and visibility materials related climate change adaptation and resilience as per programme’s need.
Key organisational relationships
The position holder will work closely with Team Leader, Output Area Leads, Regional Climate Coordinator, GESI/LNOB officer, Cluster Climate Coordinators and Engineers, as appropriate, and support the identification of communication objectives for specific activities and audiences, and in the preparation of necessary communication resources based on the project output.
- Essential to have excellent English and Nepali writing and content editing skills.
- Ability to write content that clearly demonstrates the results and impact of project activities to external stakeholders, both national and international.
- Experience managing and drafting content for websites, social media accounts and creating project videos.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills, but also a team player with the willingness to learn and support the learning of others.
- Ability to work effectively in remote areas, and willing to travel throughout the project area in Nepal.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with an international and national team which is geographically dispersed.
- Ability to manage a range of activities in different places involving different stakeholders, and implementers.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other content design software.
- Experience of working on large-scale development partner funded activities, in particular UK aid, is an advantage
- The successful candidate will be able to work independently as well as in consultation and collaboration with NCCSP2 team members and technical advisory consultants.
- A Master’s level degree in a related subject, with at least 5 years’ experience in project communication and knowledge management
- A strong skill in producing communication and knowledge products.
- Demonstrated understanding on social, political and economic development, empowerment and inclusion of marginalised and vulnerable people.
- Good understanding of climate change, adaptation and resilience
Vacancy Deadline: 28 November 2022