Shanti Foundation is nonprofit organization established and operated by the leadership of trafficking survivors and women living with HIV transforming their grief and shame intocourage and power so that other women and girls like them don’t have to go through the ...
Shanti Foundation is nonprofit organization established and operated by the leadership of trafficking survivors and women living with HIV transforming their grief and shame intocourage and power so that other women and girls like them don’t have to go through the circumstances they had to. Shanti Foundation works to promote the health, safety and protection of vulnerable and high-risk women and children.
Shanti Foundation is currently implementing Hamro Samman project in three targets districts namely Sindupalchowk, Makwanpur and Kathmandu district and looking for following experienced and dynamic team players for the aforementioned project and district on the contract basis which is renewable thereafter subject to satisfactory performance and available fund. Shanti Foundation is recruiting the following position to contribute in the implementation of its project.
Hamro Samman project is a five-year project generously supported by the American people through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the British people through the United Kingdom’s Department for International Development (UK aid) and implemented by Winrock International. Its goal is to reduce the prevalence of trafficking in persons (TIP) in 10 districts of Nepal using the ‘4Ps’ framework – Prevention, Protection,Prosecution and Partnership. Hamro Samman project will bring together various stakeholders and implementing partners to reduce the prevalence of trafficking in persons through three
Objective 1: Strengthening federal, provincial and local Government of Nepal (GON) efforts to combat TIP
Objective 2: Improving Civil Society Organization (CSO) advocacy and engagement to address TIP
Objective 3: Increasing private sector partnerships (PSPs) to service TIP survivors and at-risk populations
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Documentation Officer (Hot Job)
- No. of Openings 1 Opening
- Job Category NGO / INGO / Social work
- Job Location Boudha
- Job Level Mid Level
- Salary NRS (30K-40K) Monthly
- Education Level Bachelors (Bachelor’s degree in Sociology/Social work/Gender/Women studies/Human Rights or related field)
- Desired Candidate Both(Female, Male)
- Experience 2 years
- Expiry date 2023-06-12
- Vehicle License No
- Skills Computer skills, Communication skills, Data Analysis, Community engagement, Reporting, Analytical, Teamwork, Problem Solving
Data Collection, Entry and Storage
- Responsible for all data collection and collation for HamroSamman project under Shanti Foundation.
- Regular contact with field staff to monitor the collection of data and ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Contribute to prepare regular progress reports, Success story and Case study, presentations, and work plans.
- Ensure that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a timely manner.
- As required, coordinate closely with third party monitors to monitor and assess the quality of services provided by each facility.
- Responsible for overall M&E and learning needs of the project and will come up with findings based on real data to show performance of the projects.
- Liaise with facilities and partners focal points to ensure regular and timely information flow
- Share and discuss M&E findings and compiled data with relevant program staff to inform program activities.
- Coordinate with program staff and/or external consultants, participate in the implementation of surveys or studies and analyze results to inform project design and program implementation
- Ensure feedback is received regularly from the field offices through various channels (What’s app, Emails, Hotline, Feedback Forms) and are entered promptly into the database.
- Travel to field offices to ensure the data collection process is coherent and follows the same methodology.
- Support the facilitating of capacity building and strengthening sessions of staff through training and coaching on Feedback and Complaint mechanism.
- Provide the Program manager with up-dates on progress of data entry.
- Ensure coherence, investigate missing data and report issues of concern to supervisor.
- Ensure the regular, timely submission of projects’ reports, providing accurate information and in the appropriate format from the staff.
- Review, process and analyze entered data and identify significant issues of concern.
- Refer complaints and feedback to assigned focal points (by sector) and ensure proper follow up.
- Provide overviews over trends in number of complaints submitted.
Community Engagement and Outreach:
- Ensure high levels of inclusion of beneficiaries’ views in the way data is collected and processed.
- Organize focus group discussions with beneficiaries to outline feedback mechanisms and incorporate responses into revisions of the mechanisms.
- Ensure safeguarding and child protection standards are adhered to across all projects and that any incidence of breach is immediately reported through appropriate channels and followed up.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met in a timely manner, both internal and external, by the concerned Programme staff through tracking completion of monthly, quarterly, mid-year and annual reports, as required.
- Provide technical support to ensure that the reports are high quality and evidence-based.
- Languages- Fluency in English and Nepali
- Adhere to organizational standards and policies and Code of Conduct
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Program Manager
- Familiarly with MEAL
- Knowledge on both qualitative and quantitative research methods; study methodology, M&E techniques and tools, and application of computer software ( MS Excel, word processing , PowerPoint and experience using the statistical package).
- Demonstrated understanding of data protection and confidentiality as part of data collection and management practices, and ability to respect and maintain confidentiality.
- Fluency in written and spoken and English is essential
- Ability to work in a systematic and organized manner
- Familiarity to work for NGOs in the Combating Trafficking in Person is highly desirable
- Training development and facilitation skills desirable
- Strong empathy skills and genuine care and respect for needs of vulnerable populations
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Sociology/Social work/Gender/Women studies/Human Rights or related field.
- At least 2 years of working experience in I/NGOs in a similar position (Prior experience under USAID funded projects is added value.
Shanti Foundation especially encourages application from human trafficking survivors, people living with HIV, women, and people from minority groups.