CGNS Seeds Pvt. Ltd. is a joint venture between BLC (Bhuramal Lunkarandas Conglomerate), Nepal, and North-South Seed Ltd. (NSSL), Bangladesh.Located at Kusaha, Sunsari, the company’s wide-ranging activities comprise production, processing and distribution of hybrid ...
CGNS Seeds Pvt. Ltd. is a joint venture between BLC (Bhuramal Lunkarandas Conglomerate), Nepal, and North-South Seed Ltd. (NSSL), Bangladesh.Located at Kusaha, Sunsari, the company’s wide-ranging activities comprise production, processing and distribution of hybrid crop seeds like field crop seeds, fodder seeds, vegetable seeds.
Position: Senior Breeder (Hot Job)
- No. of Openings 2 Openings
- Job Category Production / Maintenance / Quality / Manufacturing
- Job Location Biratnagar
- Job Level Senior Level
- Salary Negotiable
- Education Level Masters (MS/PhD in genetics and plant breeding)
- Desired Candidate Both(Female, Male)
- Experience 3 years
- Expiry date 2023-07-19
- Vehicle License No
- Skills Training, Product Testing, Research & Development
- Research planning and execution on vegetable breeding for the development of high yielding and adaptable hybrids/OPs for the climatic condition of Nepal
- Providing training to junior staff and technicians in cross-breeding, selection and crop production.
- Providing training to contract growers on good crop raising, crossing, routing, etc for pure seed production
- Identifying traits in plants that are desirable for commercial use, such as disease resistance, increased yield, or improved growth rates
- Studying the genetics of plants and plant breeding techniques in order to develop new varieties of plants with desired traits
- Providing information about new varieties of plants to farmers, landscapers, gardeners, or other professionals who may use the plants in their work
- Testing new plant varieties in different growing conditions to determine how well they perform in nature
- Conducting research on plant breeding methods, new technology developments, and new product ideas
- Developing new strains of plants that meet specific criteria, such as increased productivity or improved taste and texture of fruit or vegetables
- Developing breeding strategies to produce plants with the desired characteristics, including selecting parents with desired traits that can be passed on to offspring
NOTE: The candidate must be willing to work from our Research and Development Farm/ Factory at KoshiGaupalika, Sunsari
- MS/PhD in genetics and plant breeding from a recognized universities from home and abroad
- 2 to 3 years research experience in vegetable crop development, particularly in hybrid breeding in private/govt organizations
- Should be good in scientific report writing and capable of communication and coordination with higher management.
- Musthave good computer literacy.
Interested candidate can send their cv to [email protected]