CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. CARE places special focus on working alongside ...
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. CARE places special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE’s community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of disease, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and help people rebuild their lives.
Position: Finance And Sub Grants Monitoring Officer (Premium Job)
- Job Category NGO / INGO / Social work
- Job Location Butwal
- Job Level Entry Level
- Expiry date 2022-10-07
- Skills Accounting
The Finance & Sub grants monitoring officer will be responsible for supporting the financial operations in Country office/field office. S/He ensures the compliance with donor and CARE’s rules and regulation and other relevance policies and procedures.
This position will ensure that all the expenses of the field office are booked into the system on timely manner before closing deadlines and keep close eyes on the grants closing out to make sure that no expenses are left to be booked.
The employee shall fully comply with safety and security procedure of CARE and should be accountable for it.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
R1. Provide Oversight and accomplishment of financial management in a timely manner as per CARE’s policies.
- Ensure timely payment relating to all program expenditures, purchases, prepayments, travel advance and program advances. Ensure that the expense are budgeted, supported, booked timely, allowable and value for money is considered.
- Ensure vouchers are created with correct codes. If any error is identified, immediately seek support of CO finance to resolve it.
- Review and check all the financial documents, bills, agreement and other supporting document before making administrative and program expenses statements, payments to the staff and other third parties. • Ensure that all the CARE’s policies and procedures are strictly followed while making payment to the staff, vendors, and other third parties.
- Follow the Year end closing guidelines by coordinating with the procurement, admin and program team. Ensure that all the expense incurred in a particular fiscal year are booked within the same Fiscal Year. Provide support to ensure that the monthly closings are done timely, ensure that expense are booked within the agreement period and no any expense is missed to book.
- Timely collection of receivables.
- Monthly tracking of advances and ensure that advances are settled timely. International In Nepal JOB DESCRIPTI
- Ensure the compliance with the donor’s rules, tax regulation and accounting principles.
- Timely Replenishment of petty cash.
- Implement the strict internal control system.
- Maintain confidentiality of administrative and financial information as per CARE policy
- Provide the bank fee templates, deposit IDs and other bank reconciliation related information timely to the country office.
R2. Internal control and process related
- Make and update the cost sharing table among different projects, make sure that all costs of field offices are shared among all the available projects on fair and consistent manner.
- Prepare the donor report and submit timely to central office
- Ensure vouchers and all finance related documents are kept safely and traceably, this position will be the custodian of all the finance related documents including vouchers.
- Support CO team on various audit related requests.
- Facilitate auditors and SWC evaluators visiting the field office and make sure that appropriate documents are provided on timely manner.
- Deal with bank and other related stakeholders at field office.
- Support program and program support team at field office on financial matters
- Act as finance representative in field office for all finance related matters like: being member of procurement committee and etc.
- Conduct meeting with budget holders on financial progress of the projects implemented in that field office.
- Represent finance in all meetings at field office and coach program and non-program staffs on various finance related matters.
R3. Fund Management
- Prepare the cash flow forecast by coordinating with procurement and program and submit to CO on timely manner.
- Maintain optimum cash balance in bank.
- Treasury related tasks: Ensure that check signatories who have left the organization are immediately requested for removal, ensure that the signatory limits are followed while issuing the check, checks are stored and handled safely.
- Run pay cycle at field office in close coordination with CO AP officer.
R4. Coordinate and collaboration
- Maintain good coordination and collaboration with Finance officer SGMO of field office and CO.
- Maintain good coordination and collaboration with other department/units within field office and CO to make sure that all related matters and delivered on smooth manner.
- Ensure and Promote the GED and be GED sensitive in the work on office management administration and logistic work and supervision without any discrimination of ethnicity, cast, gender, religion, language.
R5. Upholding CARE’s Core values and ensuring its principles
- Comply and exercise organizational values and culture
- Help to promote rights and good governance
- Responsible for gender responsive behavior in all actions and decisions
Spending authority: NA
Working conditions: Based in Butwal with field visit of around 30% of time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management or a related field with minimum three years of practical experience in finance and accounts.
- Knowledge Skills and Competencies Knowledge of current government’s tax policies and labor laws.
- Skill on finance related reporting and auditing.
- Knowledge on financial management and internal control system.
- Knowledge on accounting, auditing system and financial monitoring system.
- Knowledge and experience of small grants management to NGOs and other organizations.
- Communicating and influencing, attention to detail, objectivity and integrity are required.
- Knowledge and use of PeopleSoft system is required.
- Strong analytical coordination and communication skills with the ability to engage confidently and accurately.
To apply for this job please visit carenepal.org.