Data Analyst – (2210046)
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 12 Months
Closing Date: Dec 5, 2022, 4:44:00 AM
Primary Location: Nepal-Kathmandu
Organization: SE_NEP WR Office, Nepal
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Purpose of the Position
Department of Water Supply and Sewerage Management (DWSSM), implementing geo referenced WASH MIS for Localization of SDG’s by strengthening the local government’s capacity for WaSH planning, monitoring the projects including water quality, finding the gaps, and improving accordingly. The NWASH aims to track all health facilities and keep reporting WASH related services in those facilities. On the other hand, water quality surveillance is mandated to be done by health agencies. Hence, it is essential to have a strong coordination between WASH and Health sector and propose of this position (data Analyst) is to support Ministry of Water Supply on NWASH and WSH account, and support WASH and Health MIS team, to establish an effective coordination, collaboration and sharing mechanism.
Summary of Assigned Duties:
Under the direct supervision of NPO (Environmental Health/WASH) and overall guidance of Public Health Administrator, WHO Representative and the Deputy Director General-DWSSM, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Check the availability of data in NWASH MIS as per financial tracking expected in WAPT.
- Tracking of financial expenditure in WASH sector of Nepal through TrackFin process.
- In coordination with WASH Account team/ WHO experts, be updated with latest version of the WASH Account Producing Tool (WAPT) and working module.
- Report the financial related data to WASH account team under the ministry of Water Supply.
- Monitor and manage WASH/ Water quality data in Web based GIS enabled NWASH MIS.
- Facilitation of data validation, prioritization and cost contribution strategic workshop to govern officials including local governments.
- Support on developing financial expenditure data collection format and orient to WASH account team to use WAPT.
- Support to develop good coordination between Wash & Health MIS, specially related to water quality and water borne diseases.
- Check and verify the accuracy and completeness of data recorded in NWASH & WAPT.
- Design, develop and implement new modules for enhancement of NWASH MIS and WAPT usability.
- Perform data analyses, data migration, Data cleansing and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality, acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources and maintaining databases.
- In coordination with DWSSM team, handle Water Quality component of the GIS based NWASH mobile app & MIS, keep the tracks of the database, and provide technical assistance to data collectors to collect geo-reference water quality data & Upload WQ test report on WQ component of NWASH.
- Capacity building of Local Government Units, Concern stakeholder on NWASH and expenditure repointing system.
- Migration of the geo-referenced data collected by different organization using other data collection tools to NWASH system which fits M&E framework.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisors. This includes duty travel or duty-station reassignment on short notice as per the program requirements.
Essential: Bachelor’s in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent.
Desirable: Master’s in information technology, GIS or equivalent.
Essential: At least 6 years of working experience in the field of Information Technology and specifically 3 years in geo referenced Management Information System of WASH, Water Quality or related field.
Desirable: Tracking of Financial expenditure in NWASH MIS/ WASH Account, Municipal level WASH Plan and WASH Account using TrackFin and WAPT will be beneficiary.
Functional Knowledge and Skills: Knowledge on WASH Account Production Tool (WAPT)
Other Skills (eg IT): Power point, Excel and Word
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
Use of Language Skills: Essential: Expert knowledge of English and Nepali
Monthly Salary: (Net of tax) NPR 1,17,708 at single rate (taxable as per Nepal Government laws and appointment will be through Special Services Agreement (SSA))
Grade: SSA Level 6
Duty Station: DWSSM, Panipokhari
- This Vacancy Notice may be used to fill similar positions at the same level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test and interviews will be used as a form of screening
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- Any extension of appointment would be subject to programmatic requirements, performance of the incumbent and availability of funds.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit careers.who.int.