Project Manager Integrated– SC Italy – (230002A2)
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn, and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – to transform their lives and the future we share. Save the Children expects that anyone associated with it abides by its Safeguarding and other Zero Tolerance Policies.
Planning & Budgeting
- Leads the planning processes and ensures partners have an annual detailed implementation plan including a realistic phased budget outlining major activities and timeline for the funds allocated in required planning templates provided by the organization.
- Ensures appropriate fund allocation and expenditure on a monthly basis and takes corrective measures by revisiting plans and communicating timely with Thematic Coordinators/Managers/ project team, finance, and Award department.
- Reviews the project’s BVAs and reports on any glitches identified in comparison to the Finance sent Program BVA monthly basis.
- Coordinates with Field office and District teams including thematic focal person to design a robust field visit plan, self-assessments, and monitoring systems including follow-up on recommendations with relevant departments and impact areas.
- Leads the revision of budgets during budget forecasts and on exchange rate fluctuations as per organizational procedures.
- Coordinates with Thematic Specialists for technical assistance as required.
- Supervises and provides guidance to the focal persons in different themes in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of programs and project plans as per the given guidelines.
- Ensures that the programs have minimum quality benchmarks/standards in place and is exclusively followed at all levels.
- Ensures the M & E plans, log frame of the project, and themes are well familiar and understood by staff and partner staff of related themes, are exclusively used and reported.
- Ensures that all action plans developed after project reviews, monitoring visits, evaluations, and assessments are followed up and completed by respective themes on time.
- Identifies strengths and improvement areas of staff members and partners for quality delivery of the projects and comes up with plans to improve such gaps via coaching, mentoring, on-the-spot support, etc.
- Ensures that OPMIS is well understood, and optimized for all themes at all levels – by partners, the project team in the clusters and regular update is done
- S/he is responsible to coordinate with MEAL for analyzing data from OPMIS, identifying concerns or learnings, and scaling up to Field thematic coordinators/Managers/MEAL or to partners as relevant to that data including the development of Quality Benchmarks.
Programme Operations & Management
- Ensures programmatic and financial accountability including tracking of program progress and budget expense in the use of funds and achievement of all related projects in alignment with Annual Plan and CSP.
- Ensure the POM- program operations manual and its components are prepared, understood by the relevant staff, and kept in place for monitoring.
- Ensure and collect the information about project progress from field staff, analyze the expenses Vs activity delivery, and submit to Supervisor on a monthly basis.
- Ensures that programs meet KPIs and /or excels Minimum Operating Standards of key programmatic interventions including Gender and Social Inclusion principles.
Innovation and Scale
- Identifies best practices, problems, and issues around program implementation and works toward finding solutions for improvements, documenting, disseminating, and in consultation with relevant departments and themes.
- Coordinates with Thematic coordinators/ managers/Specialists, and TA providers to promote and pilot innovations in program areas as relevant.
- Works with individuals and teams at all levels to encourage and facilitate operational research and materialize findings of all research and evaluations including OPMIS information during program design/planning.
- Engages with government line agencies and profile programs for influencing future scale-up, including advocacy for children-related policy and procedures at the local level/provincial level.
- Contributes towards developing and implementing new ideas/innovations and its documentation of processes and results, based on learning from Nepal’s experience.
- Ensures effective monitoring and evaluations are carried out for deriving lessons learned, and best practices and that monitoring is effective in terms of deriving quick analysis of progress for immediate corrective actions and measurement of results.
Documentation & Reporting
- Is responsible for timely and quality reports preparation and submission to Save the Children International and SC member country.
- Coordinates with Thematic coordinators/Managers and project focal points including MEAL, and Documentation Officer to ensure effective monitoring, evaluation, and documentation of program activities and best practices.
- Develops a sharing and learning culture within the organization for promoting best practices from related programs to other programs.
- In close consultation with Technical Advisors, take initiatives in generating information that is required to add value in ongoing programs or for the programs visualized for future
- Ensure proper documentation of the project including and not limited to learning, lessons learned, best practices, and case studies. In this context coordinate with Media and Communication, Program Planning, and Documentation unit to develop the documentation plan and dissemination at various levels.
- Supports and is responsible for the partnership in terms of compliance, zero tolerance, audits, management response, identification of capacity gaps, and recommendations for improvements.
- Ensures strong linkages and coordination among provincial Network Partnerships including those with line government agencies and offices
- Ensure the partners have understood, fulfilled all the clauses mentioned in the agreement, and are aware of SC partnership essence and policies for better implementation of the projects.
Representation and Networking
- Collaboration and coordination with government counterparts, external development partners and donors at field and provincial level
- Is part of relevant provincial (regional) networks and coalitions and ensures field/district/local level networks is well represented as necessary
- Supports program areas to build strong networks with other NGOs, CSOs, UN agencies, and Government line agencies working on children’s issues to promote coordination and resource sharing at the local level.
- Supports Save the Children’s dual mandate of development programmes as well as being the leader in emergency preparedness and response for children.
- Support field office on the tasks/ responsibility given by Supervisor in adhoc/need basis as and when required.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master degrees or equivalent
- At least seven years of job experience in related field especially in a managerial role including grants management.
- Demonstrated significant experience in managing projects funded by multiple donors including networks.
- Prior experience in working with NGOs/civil societies and government counterparts
- Proven sound strategic thinking and planning skills, including ability to think creatively and be innovative, set priorities, manage work plans and evaluate progress.
- Good report writing skill.
- Good interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills.
- Teamwork and team mobilization skills.
Required No.(s): 1 (Nepalese Citizen Only)
Contract length: Fixed Term
Location: Surkhet, MFWFO
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: May 20, 2023
To apply for this job please visit stcuk.taleo.net.