Nepal Agricultural Market Development Programme (NAMDP) announces vacancy for Finance & Administration Manager
Finance & Administration Manager
1. Introduction to NAMDP Phase II
The Nepal Agricultural Market Development Programme (NAMDP) Phase II, also known as Sahaj, operates under bi-lateral agreements between the Government of Nepal (GoN) and the Government of Switzerland. Funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), Sahaj is implemented by a consortium led by Swisscontact. Swisscontact is a leading partner organisation for the implementation of international development projects. Represented in 38 countries with over 1,000 employees, Swisscontact promotes – since 1959 – inclusive economic, social, and ecological development to make an effective contribution towards sustainable and widespread prosperity in developing and emerging economies.
NAMDP Phase 2 has started from December 2020 until November 2024. Building on the achievements and learnings in Phase I, Sahaj phase 2 focuses on Province 1 of Nepal, and promote forward production linkages1, agriculture commercialisation, trade and employment generation, particularly at the level of SMEs.
Through the work on services and policies for the agriculture sector, Sahaj sets up interventions with partners that address constraints to innovative and sustainable products/service delivery. This includes addressing policy bottlenecks and unlocking potential for closer collaboration between sub- national governments and the private sector. The programme focuses on four priority sectors: maize, dairy, cardamom and vegetable processing.
2. Vacancy – Finance & Administration Manager
Swisscontact invites applications from qualified candidates (Nepali citizens) for the position of Finance & Administration Manager, based in Kathmandu (with frequent travel to the Biratnagar office in P1). The job description is provided in section 4.
3. Application Procedure
Interested candidates who meet the requirements for relevant position are requested to send their current CV (maximum four A4 pages) and a motivation letter to [email protected] latest by 11:59 PM Nepal time on 17 August 2022. Along with the CV and the motivation letter, please send the duly filled in “job application form”, which is available on our website (https://www.swisscontact.org/en/countries/nepal/jobs)
In the “subject” line of your email, please mention the position applied for.
Swisscontact Nepal will not entertain any phone enquiries or other such solicitations for these positions. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process. Swisscontact Nepal reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
Swisscontact Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive discrimination to candidates from discriminated groups (women, Dalit, Janajati, Madhesi/Terai and other minority communities).
4. Job Description
Finance & Admin Manager
Start of employment: 1 September 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Place of work: Kathmandu with regular visits to province 1
Reports to: Team Leader, NAMDP
As a member of management team of NAMDP phase II, the Finance & Admin Manager will ensure efficient and effective financial management, general administration including human resource management and resource mobilization. This to carry out smooth operations of the project in accordance with Swisscontact’s rules and regulations, and in compliance with donor and local law requirements.
This position will report to Team leader and work closely with the management team. The position also acts as a NAMDP’s focal person for Finance, Administration and Human Resource for the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock Development, the Ministry of Finance, donors (SDC), partners, auditors, Swisscontact Head Office and other stakeholders.
- Prepare annual budgets and update Swisscontact’s accounting system and the Line Ministry Budget Information System (LIMBS).
- Provide financial management advice on revisions of budgets and update in accounting system / LIMBS, draft financial procedure for any changes needed in line with government, SDC and organizational requirements.
- Ensure efficient day-to-day financial operations, up to date books of accounts, banks and other reconciliation, manage payments and receivables and prepare periodical forecasts.
- Review and monitor the budgets, all financial transactions including HO bookings, common cost sharing and prepare periodic financial/management reports to Head Office, Line Ministry, SDC, Tax Authority and other stakeholders and deadlines.
- Coordinate with auditors and conduct labor audit, year-end audit and statutory audit.
- Establish and prepare accurate and timely information for budget monitoring and financial reporting of Programme funds and Partnership grants.
- Provide line management support, guidance and supervision to the Finance & Administration team (currently 5 staff) between the Kathmandu and Biratnagar office.
- Oversee all legal and statutory functions and maintain necessary registration and legal compliance.
- Ensure record keeping, filing system and keep all administrative documents up to date.
- Ensure compliance with procurement procedures in a prudent manner.
- Establish and maintain a proper inventory system and asset management procedures.
- Review project manuals as necessary, and draft memos /amendment proposals.
- Ensure contracts/agreements with programme partners and stakeholders are in accordance with Swisscontact’s rules and regulations.
Human Resource Management
- Take a leading role in human resource development including recruitment, capacity building, motivation and team building (maintain high morale and supportive working environment).
- Oversee the proper recruitment procedures and the induction of new employees/consultants, timely renewal of staff contract, updating of job descriptions and conducting exit interviews.
- Ensure annual assessments are conducted timely and proper record keeping of personal files of all employees/consultants; ensure compliance with the Employee Manual and Swisscontact’s Code of Conduct by all employees/consultants.
Logistics and Facility Management
- Lead the Finance & Administration team in ensuring programme staff have a high-quality workspace and organize and assign transportation when required.
- Ensure issues around logistics or facilities are addressed timely and adequately.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Commerce or Management with specialization in Finance/Account or Professional qualification of CA/ACCA/ CIMA.
- Strong knowledge and background in Finance & grants management, GAAP/IFRS, budgeting, internal control, Local law, Taxation, Administration & logistic, Procurement and inventory management, Human resource management admin, Operations and communications.
- Sound knowledge of computer operation and accounting software application skills.
- At least 10 years work experience in Administration, Finance and HR in the development sector (NGOs/INGOs) and minimum 5 years of working experience in the similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, good team player and able to work in diversified team, gender and social inclusion
- Excellent leadership and negotiation skill, analytical abilities and decision making
- Able to work under pressure, short deadlines and deal with criticism and conflict
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali.
To apply for this job please visit www.swisscontact.org.