Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian organisation committed to ending child hunger. Every day we work to save the lives of malnourished children ...
Action Against Hunger is a humanitarian organisation committed to ending child hunger. Every day we work to save the lives of malnourished children while providing families with sustainable access to safe water and good nutrition.
With over 30 years of expertise in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster and chronic food insecurity, we helped over 14.9 million people in 47 countries last year.
Position: Country Director (Premium Job)
- No. of Openings 1 Opening
- Job Category NGO / INGO / Social work
- Job Location Kathmandu
- Job Level Junior Level
- Salary Negotiable
- Education Level Masters (Postgraduate master degree)
- Experience 7 years
- Expiry date 2021-05-01
Under the responsibility of the Regional Operation Director for Asia based at AAH HQ in Paris, you will be in charge of leading the implementation of the country strategy of Action Against Hunger in Nepal through a strategic partnership model, lead resources mobilization, and oversee financial management and country team in line with Action Against Hunger values and processes.
More specifically you will:
- Finalize the transition towards a strategic partnership model
- Undertake active fundraising and resource mobilization
- Ensure the long term presence of Action Against Hunger in Neal through the renewal of general agreement
- Lead the final reporting of Nawalparasi project
- Nepali Citizen
- Postgraduate (master) degree
- At least 10 years of humanitarian or development experience
- At least 7 years of senior management or leadership experience, including team leadership
- A significant experience of managing strategic partnership with local or national NGOs / partnership where the project delivery and implementation is fully delegated to the National partner
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of best practices in country team and performance management
- Significant experience with external representation and promotion of programs with stakeholders and potential donors, and able to generate goodwill towards the program with the intention of raising funds and the country grant portfolio Significant experience of resource mobilization
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Nepalese context
- Able to demonstrate leadership in representation with other humanitarian actors
- Program Management skills and experience strongly preferred, including able to articulate program management best practices
- Excellent spoken and written Nepali and English skills
- Strong knowledge and deep understanding of nutrition, health, food security and livelihood, climate change adaptation, WASH, DRR and humanitarian response programming preferred
Specific Conditions / Salary:
- Local contract
- Competitive salary
Interested Nepali applicants with suitable skills are requested to submit the application through: https://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/en/offer/5396/COUNTRY-DIRECTOR by 12th April 2021 by 5PM Paris time.