National Professional Officer (Health Financing)
|Job Location :||Kathmandu|
|No. of vacancies :||1|
|Viewed :||2451 times|
|Experience :||At least two years of experience in the design and implementation of health financing systems. Experience should include conducting economic analysis on social policies, income distribution, poverty and/or health and development issues.|
|Job category :||NGO/INGO/Social/Develop.Projects|
|Job type :||Full Time|
|Salary :||Negotiable(As per potential Candidates)|
|Educational qualification :||University Degree in economics or health policy including related training in health economics and health financing from a recognized university|
|Posted date :||2018-05-10|
|Expiry date :||2018-05-30|
|Days left :||5 days left|
- Technical support to the MoH for the various health financing related activities both at ministry and the provincial government levels. Advice and advocacy on the overall health financing system
- Facilitate and Support in the capacity development of Government counterparts and officials in health financing and related areas of work, intervention, and policy
- Coordinate and provide technical support in develop health financing strategy in collaboration with government counterparts, External Development Partners and stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective distribution and utilization of health resources and formulate federal health financing transition plan/strategy to provincial and local level
- Provide technical assistance in health services costing studies for better-informed cost related information required for the policy for designing the health benefit packages, social health security development and financing the health care services;
- Provide advice and technical support in regularizing and institutionalization of the health resource tracking and the production of National Health Accounts to derive the essential information for the health financing strategy and plans and for the policy level decisions. In coordination with national team, develop national guidelines and protocols for the National Health Accounts Production and utilization;
- Provide technical support and conduct measurement exercise for the financial protection arm of the UHC and regularize the system for Sustainable Development Goals monitoring;
- Technical support in the developing the national strategy/plan to assess and better understand the features of payment methods that drive provider responses and overall pay for performance and results based financing alternative way of purchasing for the feasible entry point to the health financing strategy implementation;
- In coordination with the implementing partners and stakeholders, provide support to the various approaches and technical aspects of the Social Health Security Development Committee (Health Insurance) basically in the benefit packages, providers' payment and quality of services;
- Training in surveying and surveys instrument, research methods or equivalent fields
- Ability to design and maintain financial records, medical records and personal records statistical tools.
- Ability to help in running macro and micro surveys.
- Demonstrate skills in the preparation of reports and plans.
- Self-motivated with ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of current national health account and financing datasets.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work as a team member in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to participate actively and cooperatively in knowledge sharing and policy forums at various levels and also to coordinate the GoN agencies, international /bilateral agencies, NGOs / INGOs etc.
- Very good analytical skills including ability to collect and analyze technical data and information and to draw and present conclusions in written and spokenform.
- Very good writing skills in English, including ability to write clear and concise progress reports, analytical reports, plans and proposals.
- Technical Expertise; Overall attitude at work are also required mandatory competencies.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at NPR 2,650,911 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave
Weblink application: http://www.searo.who.int/nepal/mediacentre/vacancy/en/
Deadline: 30th May,2018