|Job Location :||Baluwatar, Kathmandu|
|No. of vacancies :||1|
|Viewed :||2499 times|
|Experience :||Experienced preferred in related field|
|Job category :||NGO/INGO/Social/Develop.Projects|
|Job type :||Full Time|
|Job level:||Mid Level|
|Salary :||Not Negotiable|
|Educational qualification :||Undergraduate (bachelor’s level of education) in any discipline. Related discipline would be an added advantage|
|Posted date :||2018-06-07|
|Expiry date :||2018-06-17|
|Days left :||Expired|
- Advertising and campaigning for the e-waste initiative: Through social media, online platforms and by mobilizing HCI’s vast volunteer network, the Fellow must raise awareness for the initiative’s events and on e-waste in general.
- Organizing workshops with key stakeholders in the sector: Assist in identifying and preparing venues, sending invitations, and facilitating the project manager in assembling content for productive workshops.
- Logistically managing e-waste collection from e-waste collection centers: Coordinate with local waste collection partners to transport e-waste between them and keep track of expenses for this process.
- Writing progress reports: Produce a well-written report on the number of stakeholders connected to the initiative, number of lessons taught, e-waste collections disbursed, and any other details relevant to the project.
- Identifying key stakeholders and connecting them to the e-waste network: Reach out to individuals who play a crucial role in managing e-waste and extending the e-waste network to include their participation. Follow-up on stakeholders to gather updates on their work towards sustainable e-waste management.
- Designing a lesson plan and teaching youth: Preparing a brief course, contacting schools and volunteers to teach this course, and engage youth on the journey to sustainable e-waste management.
- Conducting research through literature reviews and other research methods on e-waste: Learn about existing conventions, policies and e-waste practices to be able to contribute to discussions in e-waste workshops and design an excellent course.
- Scheduling Skype calls every two weeks to discuss updates: The Fellow will be reporting to a project manager who will be working remotely, and it is vital to the project that the Fellow be the communication bridge between the different stakeholders involved and the project manager.
- Other tasks that may arise for the project: As advised by the project manager.
In partnership with Swarthmore College, a top liberal arts institution in the United States, HCI is leading a Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment (WEEE), or, e-waste initiative in Nepal. HCI is accepting applicants for an E-waste Fellow to work on its initiative that aims to create a network that fosters political dialogue toward an e-waste legislation by raising public awareness through lessons on e-waste, establishing collection centers, and organizing events that promote discussion among businesspeople, government officials, NGOs, and other key stakeholders toward better e-waste management practices.
The Fellow’s responsibility is to support this undertaking at a managerial capacity by:
- Undergraduate (bachelor’s level of education) in any discipline. Related discipline would be an added advantage
- Comfortable using all applications in Google Drive such as Google docs, Google spreadsheets, Google Forms; use of Dropbox and Microsoft Office
- Strong public speaking, and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in both Nepali and English
- Creative edge in designing events for youth engagement such as brief lessons on e-waste
- Strong social media and networking skills
This challenging yet highly rewarding E-waste Fellowship position starts on June 21, 2018 and ends on May 17, 2019. The Fellow will be paid a monthly salary of Rs. 15,000.
Link to the application: https://bit.ly/2M8TkwC
If shortlisted, we will contact you through email for your availability to give an interview. The recommendation and any questions related to the application and/or the position should be sent to email@example.com. If the applicant faces any hardship in fulfilling the requirements of the application but is interested in the job, please feel free to email.