Senior Technical Specialist-Human Health
2018-01-11 726 views Negotiable(As per potential candidates)
This position will be responsible for activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for AMR/AMU surveillance in humans. This position is based in Kathmandu with frequent field visits (around 50 percent) in different parts of Nepal. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance to collect, assemble, and review data related to AMR and AMU patterns in human populations
- Provide technical assistance /participate in epidemiological investigations (e.g., source, antibiotic use, and spread of infection)
- Provide technical assistance /participate in mapping/investigating/assessing antibiotic distribution and use in human populations
- Provide technical assistance for assessments and improvements of NPHL, clinical laboratories/human AMR/AMU surveillance sites
- Provide technical assistance for sample collection, coordination, and transport
- Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of, and onsite coaching and mentoring to NPHL and human AMR/AMU surveillance sites, as well as renovation work of selected surveillance sites.
- Support Senior Technical Advisor to provide technical assistance to establish and make functional Human AMR/AMU TWG. Provide support to conduct and participate in Animal AMR/AMU TWG meeting.
- Share the findings including AMR/AMU trends to Human AMR/AMU TWG quarterly and annually.
- Provide technical assistance to prepare and submit AMR/AMU-related data and report as per the national, regional and global standard and requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in microbiology or other relevant subject and 8 years of experience in human health, a clinical (preferably including microbiology, AMR/AMU or disease surveillance) laboratory, or a related area. Masters’ degree with 5 years of similar experience is considered equivalent. Medical Technologist with relevant work experience are preferred. This combination of education and work experience would provide the following relevant specialized knowledge and skills in areas associated with human health:
- Human nutrition, care, treatment, and health
- Microbiology and related laboratory techniques
- Biosafety and biosecurity and how to apply principles
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with stakeholders
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in an IT environment
- Strong coordination, communication, and interpersonal aptitudes
- Fluency in English and Nepali (spoken, written, and typing)
- AMR/AMU and disease surveillance and other relevant health programs (strongly preferred)
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance
|Education :||Bachelor’s degree in microbiology or other relevant subject and 8 years of experience in human health, a clinical|
|Career Level:||Senior Level|
|Minimum Experience:||5 years of similar experience is considered equivalent|
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please visit FHI 360's Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions. Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume to APROProposal@fhi360.org
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- Industry: NGO/INGO/Social/Develop.Projects
- Ownership: Private Limited
- Address: Kathmandu