Senior Surveillance and M&E Specialist
2018-01-11 1551 views Negotiable(As per potential candidates)
This position will be responsible for oversight of activities related to strengthening the capacity and systems for AMR/AMU surveillance in humans and animals. This position is based in Kathmandu with frequent field visits (30 percent or more) in different parts of Nepal. Specific responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership in design, planning, implementation, monitoring, data analysis, report preparation and sharing of AMR/AMU surveillance in humans and animals.
- Provide technical assistance to NPHL, CVL and AMR/AMU surveillance sites to collect, refine and analyze the AMR/AMU surveillance data.
- Share the findings including AMR/AMU trends to AMRSC, One Health and AMR/AMU TWG quarterly and annually.
- Provide technical leadership in mapping of distribution pathways of antibiotics in humans and animals.
- Conduct supportive supervision and monitoring of, and onsite coaching and mentoring to NPHL, CVL and AMR/AMU surveillance sites.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the project team on surveillance and M&E-related activities.
Provide technical assistance to prepare and submit AMR/AMU-related data and report as per the national, regional and global standard and requirements
- Master’s degree in Public Health or other relevant subjects and three years’ experience or a Bachelor degree in Public Health or other relevant subjects and five years’ experience in managing and conducting epidemiological and/or social scientific research and surveillance in public health
- Experience in standard statistical methods/tools in research and with quantitative and qualitative research method
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data analysis and use in public health
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Nepali (spoken, written, typing)
- Knowledge and experience of AMR/AMU and disease surveillance and other relevant health programs.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the ethical issues surrounding research and surveillance.
|Education :||Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Public Health or other relevant subjects|
|Career Level:||Senior Level|
|Minimum Experience:||3-5 years of experience in managing and conducting epidemiological and/or social scientific research and surveillance in public health|
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please visit FHI 360's Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers for a list of all open positions. Interested and qualified candidates can apply through FHI 360 career at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or send the resume to APROProposal@fhi360.org
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
- Industry: NGO/INGO/Social/Develop.Projects
- Ownership: Private Limited
- Address: Kathmandu