Pattern Sample maker(Dress Designer)
2017-08-15 1212 Negotiable
- Work closely with project managers to plan and ensure sample processes go smoothly for your projects.
- Understand tech packs/sample information ask appropriate questions with Project Manager at the start of a project to ensure good understanding and common goals.
- Create patterns based on the information provided in each tech pack.
- Work with the Project Manager to ensure patterns accurately represent the requirements of the customer.
- Create patterns & samples in such a way as to optimize:
- Material usage
- Sewing time/
- Easy construction methods
- Ensuring patterns, samples, sample materials, and necessary forms are clearly labelled, organized, filed, and updated for each revision
- Grade patterns accurately according to the criteria set by the customer.
- Ensure that patterns are drafted in a timely manner according to the priority schedule communicated by the Production Manager.
- Sew samples accurately and in a timely manner
- Gather supplies, set up machines as if for production sewing, and cut any necessary pieces for samples. Store all materials in an orderly manner. Record machine settings.
- Follow instructions in the Tech Pack or communicated by Project Manager.
- Take care to always sew samples with the highest quality standards, check your own work.
- Clearly and concisely note each sewing step, and time each sewing step in consistent manner.
- Ensure that samples are sewn in a timely manner according to the priority schedule.
- Clearly label each sample revision to track changes, and fully understand changes that need to be made, before sewing the next revision.
- Provide feedback to the Product Manager on ways to improve on the quality or construction method of sewing the garment. No changes are to be made from the Tech Pack without the approval of the Product Manager.
- Ensure your team areas are kept clean and orderly.
- Maintain Purnaa Sample Room; ensure the sample room is orderly and clean, items properly labeled, and samples kept in good condition. Process and label fit samples and new production samples.
- Professional training (degree or certificate) in pattern making
- Practical experience of at least 5 years making patterns of all kinds of garments and accessories
- Practical experience of at least 5 years sewing of all kinds of garments and accessories
- Ability to use a single needle lockstitch, overlock, and flatlock machines
- Be able to speak, read, and write English
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organization skills
Job purpose: To create patterns and see product samples in an accurate and timely manner so that each product properly reflects the requirements communicated from the customer.
Working Hours: Moday-friday, 8:30am - 5:30. 1/2 day sundays when work i remaining from previous week. Overtime may be required to meet deadlines.
|Education :||+2 and above|
|Career Level:||Mid Level|
|Minimum Experience:||3-5 years|
- Industry: Small Business
- Ownership: Private Limited
- Address: Lalitpur