2017-09-08 3285 views As per organization's rules and regulations.
- To support UMN in doing everything possible to foster good working relationships with GoN.
- To play a key role in obtaining permissions to work in UMN’s chosen districts and sectors.
- To proactively identify & utilise opportunities for promoting UMN’s work with GoN, building improved trust and understanding of our work.
- Provide support to UMN’s advocacy to government on INGO regulatory issues (independently and/or alongside other actors like INF, AIN, and others.
- Through networking & building good relationships, to anticipate legislative and policy changes (in the new federal structure) that could impact on UMN’s work.
- To co-ordinate & manage UMN’s response to any court cases in which the organisation is involved.
- To provide advice on all aspects of expats visas & embassy dealings.
- To involve & train others within UMN in government liaison work.
- Collect, analyze, and utilize data and feedback to identify opportunities to improve the relationship between UMN and GoN.
- Compile and share reports about particular incidents, events, updates, and important government/ public relation issue related to UMN.
- Key decision maker (with ED) in managing the GoN relationship and matters affecting agreements.
Key decision maker (with ED) in issues relating to court cases.
Advises on strategic decisions and direction.
Extensive experience of liaison with the Nepali government at multiple levels.
Managing inter-relationship among government ministries, civil society, national and international development organizations.
Thorough understanding of Nepali relationships and culture.
Experience of leadership, setting strategy, and guiding others in strategic planning.
Experience in steering organisational change processes.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to consistently work with a diverse range of stakeholders with tact and diplomacy.
Skillful in collaborating, networking and negotiating with Governments.
Unquestioned integrity; demonstrated refusal to resort to unethical shortcuts.
Strategic thinker; able to guide others to formulate effective strategies and plans.
Seeking to model the UMN mission, vision & values.
Proactive and enthusiastic to utilize every opportunity to strengthen UMN’s relationships.
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Outstanding English and Nepali written and verbal communications skills.
|Education :||• Master’s Degree in Economics, Political/Social Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, Development Studies, or related field.|
|Career Level:||Senior Level|
|Minimum Experience:||Minimum 3-5 years|
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualification are encouraged to apply for this position. The Job description and Application form can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy
Completed application forms should be sent by an email to email@example.com
We especially encourage applications from women and marginalised groups.
- Industry: NGO/INGO/Social/Develop.Projects
- Ownership: Private Limited
- Address: Kathmandu