2017-01-11 2949 views Negotiable
- To manage the entire operation of all the bars, as well as all of the bar staff.
- To ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness and service are maintained in all bars and lounges at all times.
- To train, coach, council, support and delegate all of the bar staff.
- To guide all bar staff and to ensure that that the entire bar department is updated with relevant information at all times.
- To plan and confirm cocktail parties, seminars, renewal of vows, any lounge requests and events taking place in the public areas.
- To execute all aspects of planning and organizing of upcoming events & functions for the bar department, including coordination of bar and food service at cocktail parties in public rooms, lounges, and bars.
- To check the opening times, midnight snack hours and locations and drink specials in all the bars and to check the function sheets with the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager.
- To oversee the ordering of any consumable items for the bars.
- To ensure that all bars are ready for service as per scheduled times.
- To ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness are maintained in all pantries and bars and overseeing cleaning procedures in all bars (according to schedule and instructions).
- To ensure the proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment in bars and pantries at all times.
- To ensure that the sanitation program is followed and executed at all times and that all sanitation log sheets are updated and completed as per policy.
- To ensure that all equipment is properly and securely stored away and that public areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- To monitor and control the inventories of all bar lockers and to ensure that lockers are all kept organized, clean and tidy at all times and in accordance to safety rules and regulations.
- To schedule additional duties in other departments such as ushering at cocktail parties, cocktail and canapé service in the bars, and teatime service.
- To establish regular work schedules, section plans and rotations for the bar staff and to send all manning lists out to the respective bars.
- To conduct performance appraisals for the bar department staff.
- To review job applications and to interview and recommend suitable applicants accordingly.
- To prepare and submit staff number change requests when internal staff changes are made.
- To ensure that any maintenance issues in guest areas are reported to engineering in a timely manner and that the work orders are followed up on accordingly.
- To administer and oversee the “Buddy” program for all new bar staff and to follow up accordingly.
- To ensure that work registration forms for the bar department staff are completed correctly and handed in to the Assistant F&B Manager in a timely manner.
- To adhere to and to ensure that the entire bar department adheres to all company policies and procedures, manuals and directives.
- To monitor and control the use of cleaning materials and consumables in the bar department.
- To monitor and control wages and overtime for the bar department staff according to budget.
- To monitor and control vacation schedules for all bar department staff.
- To monitor and control all bar department expenditures to ensure that it stays within the limits of the consumable and M&R (Maintenance & Repair) budget.
- To monitor cutlery, crockery, glassware and locker inventories for all of the bars.
- To ensure promotion of beverage sales in all bar outlets.
- To ensure that company property is maintained properly and treated with respect at all times.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English & Hindu. Knowledge of any additional language is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills.
- Must have very good administrative skills (proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel)
- A good knowledge of Micros procedures and setup required.
- Must have excellent product and beverage knowledge.
- Very good organizational skills are necessary along with the ability to multi-task.
- Must possess excellent leadership skills and must be able to maintain a team spirit and the ability to interact with all levels of people.
- Must be able to communicate and implement corrective action steps in an effective, yet diplomatic fashion.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Needs to have an outgoing personality and has to possess a positive attitude, maintaining a friendly and approachable demeanor at all times.
|Education :||College degree/diploma or Hotel School or other relevant apprenticeship in the food service industry required.|
|Job Location:||Kotihawa, Rupandehi|
|Career Level:||Senior Level|
|Minimum Experience:||Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a luxury international hotel property as a Bar Manager.|
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to send your updated Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for the further selection process(es).
- Industry: Food/Beverages
- Ownership: Private Limited
- Address: Kotihawa, Rupandehi