One of the Companies located at Kathmandu is looking for an experienced female candidate for the post of Merchandiser. Candidates must have their own Scotty.
Merchandisers ensure that products appear in the right store, or on a website, at the appropriate time and in the correct quantities. This involves working closely with the buying teams to accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and monitor performance.While the buyer selects the lines, the merchandiser decides how much money should be spent, how many lines should be bought, and in what quantities.
- Analysing past sales figures/trends to anticipate future product needs.
- Devising a merchandise plan
- Relaying the merchandise plan to the buyer who, in turn, can decide on what products, styles, colours etc to purchase at the stated price.
- Devising a contract for the suppliers including quality control, accuracy and flexibility. This is done throughout the season.
- Allocating certain amounts of stock, to each outlet, throughout the season for maximum flexibility.
- Once the products are all distributed, the Merchandiser needs to monitor stock movement, consider markdowns, inter-branch transfers, promotions or clear outs etc.
Click here to apply this job